Wednesday 27 February 2008

Tom Baxter - Better

This may well be one of the worst singles that I’ve heard this year. After listening to it several times, I feel like deep fat frying my foot to make me forget about the pain that my ears are enduring. I can only really describe it as wet, soppy, pathetic and insincere. Imagine Damien Rice but even worse, in fact, towards the end, the song goes off sounding like Richard Marx or John Farnham. If you have any grandparents who might want to have a bit of a neck on and sex each other, then maybe they might like this. It has the arrangement of a Daniel O’Donnell album that comes out at Christmas and the lyrical prowess of a Roger Whittaker-type. My ears are killing.

Released on the 3rd of December, 2007.


Originally published on the official NARC. website. You can also get more information on NARC. magazine, including outlets, at their MySpace.

No comments: