Wednesday 27 February 2008

Radiohead - Jigsaw Falling Into Place

I’ve got to be honest here, I’m not a fan of Radiohead, and I think that’s why I really like this single. I don’t actually think it sounds a great deal like them. Maybe that’s why I like it; maybe that’s why it’s being released – to convert the unconverted. I don’t click with the usual miserable fayre that Thom and co. usually bandy about, but this single is both poppy and frantic, starting off telling the tale of a couple meeting up on a night out, through to a mid-section which could belong to the remake of a Hitchcock spy thriller, to the closing spinning assault. Die hard fans can call me what they like for pigeonholing their heroes, but this is brilliant garage rock. Most of you reading this will have downloaded the album for ten pence and will have probably heard the album over and over again, but I didn’t bother with it, and this is the first time I’ve heard this song. I’m almost reluctant to say good work, Radiohead. But unfortunately I have no choice. Great lyrics, great tune.


Originally published on the official NARC. website. You can also get more information on NARC. magazine, including outlets, at their MySpace.

No comments: