Wednesday 27 February 2008

Black Kids - I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You

I went on and on about Black Kids at the final quarter of 2007, so I might as well have a bit of an update in quarter one of 2008.

Earlier this month, the fantastic five signed to Almost Gold for their distribution outside of the USA of A. This signing has accompanied support slots for Son's and Daughter's and Kate Nash, yet again, "the man" decided to not bother scheduling any dates in the north east of England......cunts.

On April the 7th, Black Kids will release their first single, the marvellous "I'm Not Gonna Teach...". It'll be out as a compact disc, a 7 inch record, and I would imagine a download via the main frame.

I've actually been a bit of a tinker and took advantage of the generous deal over at RecordStore.co.uk, who are offering both compact disc and 7 inch formats for a total of 3 pounds sterling. A bargain at half the price, I'm sure you'd agree. So get over to pre-order.

The tracklisting is as follows:

Compact Disc

1. I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You
2. You Turn Me On
3. Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover

7 Inch Record:

Side A

1. I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You

Side B

1. Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover


The "You Turn Me On" being a new one to me, and the "Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover" being a Sophie B. Hawkins cover from back in the day. Remember it? Here's the "original banned version of the video", had no idea it'd been banned?!?

No comments: