Wednesday 27 February 2008

Goldfrapp - A&E

Goldfrapp’s new single marks a departure from the sleazy perverted electro-glam rock that they’ve offered up before. But it is a good departure. Strutting around in PVC and bawling out ballsy anthems have been put aside for this opening single from their new album. Having spent several hours of my life in Accident and Emergency before, I rarely recall it being as pleasant as this. Patronising receptionists are replaced with lush sexual vocals, watery hot chocolate from ancient drinks machines is swapped for folk guitars and a gentle build up of piano, and nurses who tell me it’ll be best to see my GP in the morning after I’ve already wasted 7 hours of my life, are replaced by a climactic chorus leaving you longing for more. This certainly bodes well for the forthcoming album.


Originally published on the official NARC. website. You can also get more information on NARC. magazine, including outlets, at their MySpace.

No comments: