Wednesday 27 February 2008

Deaf People

I watched a friend of mine trying to have a conversation with a deaf man on Saturday night. The deaf man had another person with him who could do sign and who could hear my friend. I watched and realised that I never really give much concern to the deaf folk around us, I usually make jokes because I know they can't hear me.

Last year I was at a funeral, at the social club afterwards there was a bloke with a hearing aid in, regrettably I didn't realise it was a hearing aid, and in full listening distance of his family I said to my friend, "look at that ignorant cunt with the Bluetooth on". I also lied about being able to do sign language when I went for a job interview once, luckily I wasn't asked to do any sign and I managed to get the job.

With these things in mind, and with the full acceptance that I know I'm already going to Hell, I thought I'd try and make slight amends for my misgivings to the deaf. I know it'll not stop me going to Hell, but maybe it'll make my death a little less painful than the one that the Lord has already mapped out for me.

So, I direct you to my recent discovery of "Deaf Rave". Basically it does what it says, it's a rave for deaf people. Quite possibly the only time that deafness could be an advantage for you. Saying that, they reckon that your other senses get better when you're deaf so there's other advantages I suppose. You could use your heightened sense of smell and taste to be a wine tester and you could quite happily insult people without having to hear their retort, you could also play the "Deaf Card" if they threatened violence. I could quite happily hit a man with glasses, but to kick fuck out of a deaf type? Even that's a step too far in my book, I'm afraid.

So here's a link to Deaf Rave, and don't forget, just because they can't hear you, it doesn't mean they aren't human.

And just to prove my total ignorance towards the disabled, I have no fucking clue whatsoever how this rave thing works, although I presume it's all about the vibrations. But sign up to be a friend anyway and support the community.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your a fucking wanker, at least we can talk on a computer, we are glad that we don't talk rubbish like you, we even bet that our life is better than yours, you know nothing about deaf people, nothing.

Hearing people like you are obliviously wankers and ignorant.

Bloody retard

your sincerely :-) have a nice day... not